A car trip through Europe


This files most often travel by car abroad involves a trip to Europe. Easy commute, roads are developed perfectly, no problems with police and security. As interesting as that one trip is not exactly meet. What you need to know before you travel to Europe by car?

Toll roads and highways

To quickly move between neighbouring countries or to move from one city to another, it is necessary to use freeways. Fortunately, in Europe the ideal way. Usually such roads are marked with numbers pan-European classification.

Motorway for high-speed drive is E.

Some parts of German highways have no speed limits, and the other has a stripe, which can go up to 200 km/h. While in Europe and you can accelerate how dashing you want, but to drive at the maximum it is not accepted. On average, drivers adhere to the speed of 90-100 km/h, even in those areas where no bans are not installed.

On roads with a speed limit and fixed camera fines taken for exceeding the speed limit by more than 10%.

The autobahn in Germany is free, whereas in France they are paid. In Spain motorways are paid, but on public roads you can ride for free. If you travel on a toll road, it is possible to pay for the land immediately or to pay out. Sometimes tolls on tunnels and bridges have to pay extra.

Traffic rules in Europe

When coming to a new country by car, it is better to pay attention to the behaviour of local drivers on the road. In General, to drive a car in Europe is not more difficult, than in Russia. Traffic rules are largely similar to ours. Settlements are marked by nameplates. Usually in these areas the rate was lowered. And if the driver does not comply with the speed limit, the police on the radio to pass information about the breach. Overtaking is also marked with the turn signals. And on a mountain streamer, it is customary to honk if visibility is limited. By the way, in Europe you can give the signal only to prevent an emergency.

Usually the priority of the high-speed roads without intersections. And at intersections without traffic light and traffic controller the advantage of always have cars on the right.

Road signs in Europe similar to the Russian. But when on the road found a new sign, it is very easy to understand. As a rule, yellow signs warn of the danger (e.g., caution moose in Sweden or kangaroo in Australia), and the red prohibits any action.

Gas stations in Europe

Gas stations in Europe. Typically gasoline is more expensive along high-speed roads. And the lowest prices make filling in large supermarkets (Germany, France, Holland).

Classes of cars according to international standards

European companies who rent out cars to hire, adhere to the standard classification. So choose any car to rent is not difficult.

Class And mini – compact cars for the city

Class (economy) is a comfortable car with low fuel consumption for travel between cities

Class C (compact) is a compact car for travel on roads with good pavement

Class D (sedan and hatchback) is a more spacious car for traveling.

Class E (business class) – a high level of comfort in traveling on good roads.

Class N (Deluxe) – sports models and Executive cars.

Class F (SUVs) – wheel drive car for driving on rough terrain and off-road.

Class J, I (car) – minivans, minivans and cars of the raised passableness, suitable for a large company.

Car insurance in Europe

The contract hire rental companies, you are given the documents that are worth keeping to yourself. International driver’s license, passport, rental agreement and insurance. Usually drive a car only the driver whose name is recorded in the contract as the main or as an additional driver.

If moving between the major European countries – Germany, France, Italy lightweight, when visiting Eastern countries may appear complication. This will require a stamp from the Bank, the export of cars to the countries of Eastern Europe. On the border vehicles are scanned and checked, so sometimes it’s easier to navigate for cars in the same or in neighbouring countries.

When ordering a car can immediately arrange additional insurance. In the case of an accident or theft, this will save time and money.

CDW (collision damage waiver) – this limitation of liability in case of damage. This insurance is limited to liability of the driver size of the franchise. And if you pay a little more, you can take insurance with full coverage, that is, without excess (SCDW). If something happens on the road, the company will assume the expenses (excluding cases of intoxication of the driver). The price of this insurance depends on the value of the car.

TP (theft protection) – this type of insurance limits the liability in case of theft the deductible sum. Here you can also buy an extended version of insurance, which will save all from financial losses in case of theft. Before buying this type of insurance, it is important to examine the criminal situation in the country. How often, for example, they steal cars in Sweden? And in Spain or Greece? Obviously, the trip to Scandinavia will be a safer place. In the Czech Republic and Poland often steal cars.

PAI (Personal Accident Insurance) – insurance with high coverage, the amount paid to passengers in the event of a serious accident and injuries.

How to Park correctly?

Leave the car at night in cities it is best to pay Parking. For payment there are Parking meters (you buy the ticket in the machine with a prepaid limit). Usually, the locals of the city have advantages on Parking and reserve your seats.

You can Park the car near the hotels where Parking is free for guests. In places with a zigzag line on the road you can not stop.

In “blue zones” with the appropriate markers can be parked about 1-2 hours at a certain time. This requires a special Parking disc, which is mounted on the windshield when the driver leaves.

Take it torofish, police stations, tobacco shops for free or for 5 euros. Most car rental companies drive immediately with the machine.

The arrival time at a Parking lot to fix on the drive and put it on the windshield. In Paris you can usually stay for half an hour (time is rounded). In the event of noncompliance, fines are levied (about 17 euros).

What to do in an emergency situation?

In the event of an accident should immediately be reported to the police or independently to fill in the European Accident Statement. Usually this form is already in the car. It needs to be filled and things, to sign and send the form to the office of the rental company and car insurance company. But in this case you can not pay the insurance compensation, if the place is not attended by the police. So it is better to clarify this point during the conclusion of the contract. This option is suitable only in case of minor injuries.

Usually before you remove the car from the roadway, you need to take a picture of their situation, to describe the position, weather, road conditions, etc.

Usually the insurance company need to send copies of the police report.

If road have any questions or concerns, you can contact the rental company by phone at any time of the day.

  • TAGS
  • Europe

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.